About Me

My photo
i am a stay-at-home mom living, learning and loving by the bay!I love to take pictures. I love to crochet cozy things for my family and friends.

September 17, 2008

autumn countdown...




Cooler mornings and evenings. Leaves starting to fall. The kids and I went on a leaf hunt yesterday on our way to the local bakery. At home we got out our nature journals and did some leaf sketches. Binky said, "I like having friends who like nature." He really got into his sketching. Goose is really into journaling. She has a handful of them for different things. Just like her momma. They both want to start an insect collection. "Of dead bugs because live bugs would get away!" We are looking through Clare Walker Leslie's "Drawn to Nature." LOVE this book. Wonderful sketches and entries that are easy for the kids to relate to. I am leaving for Seattle to my final Reiki Master class tomorrow. So excited!! Daddy will be alone with the kids for a day and then Grandma will take them home for a night and a day only to return them to Daddy for another night and day before picking me up Sunday night. Daddy has been working so much I know he is looking forward to some time off. And Monday is the first day of Autumn!! Yeah!!! We are having soup and fresh bread for dinner with candles and gourds all around. Looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment