About Me

My photo
i am a stay-at-home mom living, learning and loving by the bay!I love to take pictures. I love to crochet cozy things for my family and friends.

November 13, 2008

Yesterday was the last day of Wednesday classes until January. Binky was really into his Geometry artwork. Goose was taking science and creative writing classes. She had a great time! She got quite creative in her writing. I will post one of her stories later.
I made this loom for Goose a while back. She has been reading "An American Girl-Josefina" who lives in New Mexico on a rancho in 1824. Josefina and the women in her family have to weave all their blankets themselves. So I made this one out of twigs. It was meant to be a nature weaving but it fits in with this lesson so well. These stories are great for learning about history in a way that's fun. Goose has the Josefina doll, who came in historically accurate clothing. Our educational coordinator even found a workbook to go with this series. Goose is going to make a replica of Josefina's rancho out of clay. I am looking forward to that! I wish I was homeschooled!!


No comments:

Post a Comment