About Me

My photo
i am a stay-at-home mom living, learning and loving by the bay!I love to take pictures. I love to crochet cozy things for my family and friends.

December 12, 2008

Cookies








We made chocolate crackles yesterday. So yummy! Goose and Binky loved watching the chocolate melt. Goose has been studying forms of energy, where energy comes from and how it causes things to change form. So we talked about how the stove gets energy from natural gas, which then causes the water to boil and melt the chocolate! Definitely one of the more yummy science experiments we've done!
Each day I have been adding the ornaments from the swap we are doing to our mantle tree. Here's what we have so far! It's so fun getting these in the mail.
Today we are making sugar cookies to take to grandma's house tomorrow and decorate. I also want to make some adorable tea light holders I saw on Mom in Madison. It's already noon here and I can feel the day slipping away.
Last night a friend and I went out for a couple of hours. It was so relaxing! And great to exchange thoughts on motherhood and homeschooling and husbands. We both started homeschooling around the same time after a very unpleasant year in the same school. Our boys adore each other! And Goose adores my friend. The best part is, we live only a few blocks away from each other. I am so lucky to have met her and her family!
Well, off we go to the store for cookie-making supplies!
Have a great day!




1 comment:

  1. That is a great science experiment!
    The mantle tree is a great way to display all the ornament you're getting in the mail.
    I wish we has homeschool friends that close to us.

    ReplyDelete