About Me

My photo
i am a stay-at-home mom living, learning and loving by the bay!I love to take pictures. I love to crochet cozy things for my family and friends.

January 30, 2009








We went on a field trip with our homeschool shelters classes on Wednesday to a site where the Coastal Miwok once lived. The structures were built by the park to show how these native people lived. This area near the coast is so beautiful and rich in resources like elk, deer, berries, acorns and shellfish. These redwood bark "houses" are called kotchas. As I was looking into one I thought about how much stuff we have today that we really don't need. The kids learned a lot about what daily life was like in this Miwok village. Next month we are going to visit another site where the Ohlone tribe lived. These little quail were everywhere! They are just too cute!



1 comment:

  1. What a cool place! I'm craving some green grass and outdoor fun. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete