About Me

My photo
i am a stay-at-home mom living, learning and loving by the bay!I love to take pictures. I love to crochet cozy things for my family and friends.

March 21, 2009

b l o s s o m s






I have been waiting and waiting for Spring to do this! Originally I was going to do this with tissue paper. But I saw this in a window display and had to try it! All you need is some branches, scissors and pink yarn. Goose and I wrapped 6-10" pieces of yarn on different parts of the branches. To tie it off we made a knot and cut off the excess. So easy and beautiful! I am going to add more blossoms as the season progresses. Goose and I are working on some yarn nests to add to our Spring mantle. But more on those later!


10 comments:

  1. I love it! So pretty in pink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, that looks so cute! I wonder if my mom has any pink yarn? I would love some of these sweet branches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I've seen it done with tissue paper but never with yarn. I like the shade of pink you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're lovely! I've made these with tissue paper before but never yarn. I'm going to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so pretty. I'm glad you found me and I really enjoy reading your blog too!! So I'm very happy I found your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so pretty! Thanks for the great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blossoms look lovely. We also had to hurry spring along and did a similar thing. My post about it is called Blossoms For Birds. Quite a few of our blossoms have been taken, by birds and our resident squirrel, Timone.. seems he is building a new nest too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are so lovely. I think I am going to try this as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea! Looks fun and perty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is beautiful! What a terrific idea ...

    ReplyDelete