About Me

My photo
i am a stay-at-home mom living, learning and loving by the bay!I love to take pictures. I love to crochet cozy things for my family and friends.

April 13, 2009

Academy of Science

Binky and I spent most of the day at the new Academy of Science in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park. It seems fourth time's the charm because we have tried 3 other times to get in! This is a picture from the "living roof." There are 9 different species of plants from strawberries to California poppies.
This is the Rainforest dome. We were not able to get inside. But I've heard it's pretty cool! It looks cool from the outside!

And this beauty is a Honeycomb Ray. Isn't he beautiful? I've never seen one before. They are so graceful!

Here is the albino alligator! The kids were in awe of this amazing creature!

We also really liked these "Upside-down Jellies."
I have to say I was a bit disappointed in the new museum. There used to be a whole lot more to see and touch. We had a good time, though, and Goose wants to come next time!





7 comments:

  1. that looks fun! This is fairly new? I don't remember it being there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Yes, it is fairly new. It was being remodeled for several years. It's in Golden Gate Park across from the de Young Museum. It's worth checking out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like an interesting place. Why couldn't you get in? Does it have difficult hours? Is it a good place to go if you are visiting the area? I love the picture of the upside down jellies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We couldn't get in because the lines were sooo long! The kids didn't have the patience to stand there and wait. Next time we'll go there first. It is worth checking out if you are in the area. But buy tickets online in advance! And go during the week if you can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That albino alligator is amazing!
    Looks like a great place:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, lines are too much. The architecture looks amazing - and cool animals!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always wanted to visit that museum. We were at the De Young last year, but the science museum was still being remodeled. Do you live in/near San Francisco? It's my favorite place to visit!

    ReplyDelete