About Me

My photo
i am a stay-at-home mom living, learning and loving by the bay!I love to take pictures. I love to crochet cozy things for my family and friends.

April 4, 2009

Drawing by Binky


Binky copied this Manga character from a drawing book he picked out at the library. He sat in his room for at least an hour drawing this guy. He was not interested in writing or drawing until he was 5 years old. But once he started he wouldn't stop! He can picture something in his mind and create it, either with paper and pencil or any other medium he can find! He did not get this from me!!:) Daddy is an excellent artist. I know I am his mom and everything, but I was so impressed with this drawing! Daddy is going to show him the basics for drawing figures. I love watching the two of them together. They are so alike... cute and creative!

11 comments:

  1. That is excellent! How wonderful and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's impressive. Nice job Binky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an amazing drawing for a 5 year old. Great job, Binky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's good! You have a budding artist there! Hope Goose is doing well with her arm...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great drawing! Very impressive:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your random pictures. Life can be beautiful if you look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If my child could do this at 5 I'd be telling the New York Times! Imagine where he can go with his father's guidance. Ihope you will keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great fine motor skills! This is great, I'm so glad he can share this love with his father.

    BTW, I just love Goose! Her comments on my posts make my day! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all the comments! Binky is actually 6 and will turn 7 in May. He is loving all these wonderful comments!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so impressive! Only six! My son also never wanted to draw or color until recently (he's 5) but all of a sudden..it's all he wants to do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My son is seven, and not interested yet!

    I'm hangin' in there. ;)

    ReplyDelete