About Me

My photo
i am a stay-at-home mom living, learning and loving by the bay!I love to take pictures. I love to crochet cozy things for my family and friends.

January 17, 2010

airplanes and sewing machines


Binky has been making giant paper airplanes all week. I got some huge poster paper from a stationary store that was going out of business and we are finally putting it to use! You fold them just like the smaller version only they fly much further!

I LOVE this photo!!! Big sister showing Binky how to use her new sewing machine!! Grandma spent the afternoon yesterday showing Goose everything she needed to know about her new machine.

She spent her time trying out all the different type of stitches. She had so much fun!


Goose and grandma made this adorable little bag. First thing this morning both kids were on the sewing machine! Love that!!!! We have a week of wind and rain ahead so I am sure we will be using that machine quite a bit. I wish I had learned to sew at Goose's age. My mom made our clothes when we were young. She even made her wedding gown! She is quite the seamstess! I missed out on that gene! But I love watching Goose in all her enthusiasm. And I know my mom truly enjoys teaching her.
Thanks for all the kind words last post!
The fog is lifting!!




4 comments:

  1. That's a cute little bag! I keep meaning to get my sewing machine back out and make something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa,
    Glad you're doing better. That looks like a cool sewing machine. I just have a very, very basic one-I'd love to use that one! What a sweet bag she made. Oh, that huge airplane is very cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! that's the biggest paper airplane I've ever seen!!!

    Lucky Goose to have her own sewing machine. I wanted one for Christmas but no luck.
    I love her bag she made and all those pretty stitches! What special memories she's making with Grandma.

    I missed the last post, but I'm so glad you're feeling better. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one AWESOME paper airplane! I am going to go get some big paper, as I see some of these in our future:)

    ReplyDelete