About Me

My photo
i am a stay-at-home mom living, learning and loving by the bay!I love to take pictures. I love to crochet cozy things for my family and friends.

November 16, 2010

Homeschool Day at Monterey Bay Aquarium


Grandma, the kids and I spent the day at the Monterey Bay Aquarium.
It was so warm and beautiful.
We had to stop at the beach before going into the Aquarium.



Binky took this picture of one of his favorite animals.






The sea horse exhibit was one of my favorites.






There was a room filled with exhibits and touch tanks.  And lots of docents to answer questions.
We watched a sea star grab a tiny shrimp and carry it down to its mouth.






Goose stopped to draw in her journal.



Binky found some old friends.



My favorite is this beautiful octopus.
She is usually hiding in a corner, but yesterday she gave us quite a show!



We also found a lovely pearl inside this giant clam.
I think we're gonna keep her!



We just had to stop at the water one more time.
Before getting in the car, we stopped at Ghiradelli for some ice cream and chocolate.
It was a wonderful ending to a wonderful day.
Thank you Grandma for joining us!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys had a really fun day :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! That is the ultimate pinnacle top of the top of the wish list place my 7 year old wants to go. He is on the aquarium website a few times a week. He heard recruiters from the bay area have been calling my husband and the aquarium is why he wants to move...NOW! ;)

    Great shots!

    ReplyDelete