About Me

My photo
i am a stay-at-home mom living, learning and loving by the bay!I love to take pictures. I love to crochet cozy things for my family and friends.

November 8, 2011

Geometry


Binky is working on geometry right now.
I made this little graph paper book for him.




We've learned about 90* angles.
Love the smiley face!


And angles of different degrees using a protractor.


We learned how to mark different lines.


And looked at different shapes and all their fun names!
I like "trapezoid."


Binky loves playing with tanagrams.
He will sit for hours making designs and creatures,
like a fish



and a snail.
Both kids like to make mandalas with the tanagrams.
I found  this amazing lesson to make learning geometry more interesting since the kids
already enjoy making their own mandalas.
Even though the kids are 9 and 11, I like to work with them together as much as possible.
It makes my life easier.  When they are getting along, that is!





2 comments:

  1. This looks like so much fun. I always loved geometry, because it's so visual. These tanagrams look like a great way to make it hands-on.

    ReplyDelete