About Me

My photo
i am a stay-at-home mom living, learning and loving by the bay!I love to take pictures. I love to crochet cozy things for my family and friends.

October 18, 2012

home learning fun

 
Binky is up to his drawing again.
I love this one!
I love seeing him hang out in his room
and come up with these ideas of his.
I want to print this one on a tshirt to give him for
Christmas this year.  He will be so surprised!
 




Goose's science group is studying Earth Science and I taught a class on
volcanes.  We sketched and labeled the main types of volcanes.
The kids labeled a world map with a variety of different volcanoes.
We talked about the silica content of magma and how the more silica in the magma,
the more viscous the lava.
 
 




I poked a tiny hole in toothpaste tubes and the kids squeezed the tubes to watch how the
"magma" oozes down the side of the tube.
This is very viscous lava!  They made a chart of all the different elements
in igneous rocks formed from different lavas, like basalt, andesite, dacite and rhyolite.
It was a great class!  I only had two hours, but we covered a TON of information.
 
 

 
 
Goose decorated this lovely sarcophagus. 
She is still studying Egypt.
We attended a workshop at the local Egyptian Museum last Sunday
focused on Egyptian oils and perfumes. 
She loved it!  One more workshop this weekend and
 she will be able to attend a sleep-over at the museum.
How cool is that!
 
 

 
 
 
Goose has also spent a lot of time crocheting this week.
She made herself a little pouch yesterday.
So cute!  I love seeing her enjoy something I love so much.
 
We are looking forward to a cooler weekend here by the bay.
It has been in the 80s most of the week!
A little too warm for me right now.
I was getting used to wearing my scarves and boots
and then I had to break out my sandals and tank tops again.
But I have noticed a beautiful sparkle to the sun.
Every October the sun seems to sparkle.  I can't find a better word
to describe it.  Do you know what I mean?
Anyway, I love it.
It will be much cooler this weekend.
Hopefully I can break out those scarves and boots again!


2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this, Lisa! Your kids are so creative, as are you. This made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a very pretty post! I loved seeing all the vibrant goodness you have been enjoying!

    ReplyDelete